Call Nursing Services at 401-863-3953 or email email@example.com with general questions.
Injections and Immunizations
Vaccine Requirements for Brown and the State of RI
- COVID-19 vaccine, a one or two dose COVID-19 vaccine series (prior to arrival on campus in Fall 2021)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine, two doses; one on or after 12 months of age and the second dose at least one month after the first dose
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) within the past 10 years
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Series - (must have had at least one dose prior to starting classes, the remaining doses may be completed at Health Services) or a Hepatitis B Titer
- Meningococcal A, C, Y, W-135 Vaccine required if under 22 years of age
- If given before 16 years of age, then a booster is required
- Frequently Asked Questions about Meningococcal Disease
- Varicella (chickenpox) - history of disease or two doses of the vaccine
Requirements for Alpert Medical School Students
Medical students have additional immunization and screening requirements.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has recommended flu vaccination for everyone over 6 months of age.
Health Services will offer clinics on campus for students. Please stay tuned for updated information on flu vaccine clinics to be offered this Fall.
Faculty and Staff Flu Clinics will be held next fall. Check with the Benefits Office for more information.
Contact our nursing department at 401-863-3953 if you have any questions.
The following are available at Health Services:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal A, C, Y, W-135
- Meningococcal B
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Tetanus/ Diphtheria
- Twinrix (both Hepatitis A and B)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Foreign Travel Immunizations
Health Services can provide some, but not all travel immunizations.
Our nursing staff is available to administer most allergy injections. We do not administer immunotherapy for bee, wasp or insect sting allergies; or administer injections formulated or ordered by a physician outside of the United States - in both of these cases we can provide you with a list of allergists in the community.
- The allergy serum and written instructions must be provided by your physician.
- Allergy serum can be stored at Health Services
- Injections are by appointment (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Charge for the appointment is $15 and will be billed to your Bursar Account
- When sending your allergy serum, please use FedEx or UPS Next Day (not USPS Express Mail)
Brown University Health Services
Attention: Nursing Services
450 Brook Street
Providence, RI 02906