The health fee assures access to primary care on campus for all students, so they can be seen on the day they choose without co-pays, deductibles, etc. Health Services does not bill any health insurance companies for any office visits to our provider staff. Health Services offers same-day appointments with medical providers 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends during the academic year.
The health fee benefits all students. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- The primary care of staff physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nursing
- Onsite waived laboratory testing
- An active Health Promotion department focusing on education, prevention, and counseling of health, drug, alcohol, sexual assault, and nutrition services.
- An onsite RI state-licensed Emergency Medical Services and ambulance which provides rapid response to on-campus emergencies
- Visits to Counseling and Psychological Services, including crisis visits
- Assured compliance with all legal health requirements such as immunizations
- Student outreach programs such as free flu shots and other activities to keep the campus safe and to respond to community health issues as they arise
- 24/7 nursing advice and on-call physician services
- For convenience, there are onsite contracted laboratory services and a full pharmacy (separate charges apply for these services and are billed to the student health insurance).
The availability of an on-campus Health and Wellness assures confidentiality for all students, provides easy, convenient access to health care, and allows for minimal disruption to student academic activities.
Health Services Fee Schedule
|Academic Year 2022-2023, per Semester
|Summer Fee 2022
|Academic Year 2021-2022, per Semester
What is Not Covered?
The Health Services Fee does not cover charges for lab tests sent to diagnostic laboratories such as Lifespan, pharmacy charges, x-ray imaging, transport by any ambulance other than Brown, durable medical equipment (such as canes, crutches, or braces), or any visits to providers outside of Health Services (including consultants, hospitals and surgical centers).