Each of the five Health and Wellness departments can partner with you to create and explore your pathways to thriving.
Every student is charged a Health Fee each semester which allows them to utilize the services of Health and Wellness which includes BWell Health Promotion, Counseling & Psychological Services, EMS, Health Services and Student Accessibility Services. This is a separate charge from the student health insurance that may be waived.
Select departments within Health and Wellness use secure messaging as a tool for communicating with you about personal health information (PHI), as it is more secure than email. This communication tool is not to be used in urgent situations.
When we send you a message, you will receive an email to your Brown gmail account from Health-and-Wellness@brown.edu with the subject line "You have a health related message from Brown Health Services." The secure message becomes a permanent part of your medical record. Please review these messages and do not block them in your spam folder.
Students can access secure messaging through the Brown Patient Portal.
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) - call 401-863-4111
- Medical Issues - call 401-863-3953 to speak with a nurse
- Counseling Needs - call 401-863-3476 to speak with a therapist
- Confidential Sexual Assault Help Line - call 401-863-6000
Once you arrive on campus, medical advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 401-863-3953 anytime for questions or advice on what to do when you are feeling ill or have a health-related question. Please visit our homepage for more information on all of our services.
For general questions, email email@example.com or call the nursing staff at 401-863-3953.
- A copy of your insurance card and a copy of your prescription plan card (if applicable)
- Prescription medications (with written prescription from your physician if possible)
- Over-the-counter medications: Tylenol, Advil, cold medications, vitamins, sunblock (Our pharmacy stocks many of these items, often at a lower cost than the area stores; we can also bill the charges to your student account.)
- If you wear contacts, bring eyeglasses in your current prescription as a backup.
- Allergy Serum: Our nursing staff is available to administer injections. Please review our allergy injections guidelines.
- If you use any injectable medications, prevent injuries to others by bringing a sharps container. You can also get a FREE bio-hazard container at Health Services. Your full container can be brought to Health Services for disposal and exchange.